Strict legislation is in place for landfill sites. Please cooperate with the Town in its efforts to maintain these regulations and our landfill. As a result, you must be a resident of Kamsack to use the landfill. In addition, the following items cannot be accepted:
– Propane tanks
– Contaminated soil
– Hazardous materials
Tuesdays & Fridays: Open from 8 am to 12 pm & 1 pm to 4:30 pm; Closed from 12 pm to 1 pm & All Statutory Holidays
Please keep in mind that payments are not accepted at the landfill. All fees, via landfill tickets, must be paid at Town Office in advance.
- Unpainted and Untreated Lumber – $0; so long as any metal, such as nails, screws, hinges, etc., is removed prior to disposal
- Trees, Grass Clippings, Leaves and Other Compostable Items – $0
- Minimum charge – $5
- Per Carload – $5
- Per Single Axle Utility Trailer – $10
- Per Half Ton Truck – $15
- Per Three Quarters Ton Truck – $15
- Per One Ton Truck – $15
- Per Double Axle Utility Trailer – $20
- Per Truck exceeding One Ton – $50
- Furniture & Appliances – $5 per item
- Refrigeration Appliances – $5 per item; must provide a Certificate verifying removal of the refrigerant
Waste and Recycling are collected on Thursdays. The specific dates depend on your address. Please view the map to determine where you reside and then click on the schedule below to learn more about collection dates.
Or, find the calendar by clicking here.
The contents of Waste and Recycling receptacles will be monitored. Bins & Carts must be closed. All items must fit in the closed bin or cart. If you place a prohibited item in a bin or cart, the tenant/owner may be penalized and the bin or cart may be removed from the property.
Waste & Garbage
All items must be bagged
Can be placed in Black Waste Bins:
- Aerosol cans
- Lightbulbs, Not Fluorescents
- Coat hangers
- Pots and pans
- Food waste and table scraps
- Plastics, such as cutlery, straws, a laundry basket & Tupperware.
- Disposable coffee cups
- Paper or plastic drinking cups
- Waxed or plasticized food containers
Cannot be placed in Black Waste Bins:
- Car Batteries
- Oil and Filters
- Hot Ashes
- Grass Clippings & Garden Waste
- Dirt and Rocks
- Concrete or Bricks
- Hazardous Materials
- Construction Materials, including Treated or Painted Lumber
- Propane Tanks
Before disposing of any materials, please carefully review the recycling options below to minimize the waste at the landfill. Residents are encouraged to recycle as often, and as much, as possible.
Can be placed in Blue Recycling Bins:
- Paper products & Envelopes
- Newspapers & Magazines
- Flattened Carboard & Box Board
- Brown Paper Bags
- Shredded Paper in Clear Plastic Bags
- Clean Tin
- Aluminum Beverage Cans
- Clean Drink Boxes
- Clean Milk Cartons
- Plastic Drink Bottles, Caps Removed
- Plastic Shopping Bags
- Clean Plastic Containers, with one of the following symbols:
Cannot be placed in Blue Recycling Bins:
- Black Plastic Bags
- Aerosol Cans
- Scrap Metal
- Wire or Plastic Coat Hangers
- Pots & Pans
- Construction Material
- Deodorant Sticks
- Toothpaste Tubes
- Frozen Juice Containers
- Compostable Waste
- Disposable Coffee Cups
- Paper or Plastic Drinking Cups
- Waxed or Plasticized Containers
- Hazardous Materials
- Used Toiletries
- Ashes, of any sort
Construction & Demolition (C&D) Landfill
The C&D Landfill accepts designated materials from construction, demolition or renovation activities, as well as separated loads containing concrete materials, by appointment only. Please contact Town Office at (306) 542 – 2155 to schedule an appointment.
Residents of Kamsack with a building and/or demolition permit(s) require diversion of designated C&D refuse to the C&D Landfill. Shingles are not accepted.
Invoices for the C&D Landfill must be paid at Town Office.
For other materials, please contact SARCAN Recycling at (306) 542 – 3858 or visit their location at 437 Queen Elizabeth Blvd E.