The Kamsack Branch, #24, of the Royal Canadian Legion, located at 324 Second Street, was declared first a municipal, and then a provincial, heritage property.
The building was constructed in 1908 by former Kamsack Mayor H. Harvey. Harvey sold the house to the Royal Canadian Legion in 1946 for $7,500.
The three storey building was renovated into suites where serviceman returning from overseas lived with their families as they waited for their “wartime” house to be built. The building was renovated in 1972 and then again in 1981 to accommodate the needs of the Legion members.
Today, the Legion Hall is used to host social events for both the Legion and the community.